Sunday, July 25, 2010

Great New Yarn!


My dear friend and co-author, Pam Allen, has recently started her own online yarn company, Quince & Company. Clara Parkes said it best in Knitter’s Review: Pam's goal is to offer good, basic yarns in a ton of colors, sourced and spun in the U.S., priced reasonably, and backed with excellent pattern support. Those yarns requiring imported fibers (say, silk or cashmere) would be sourced as responsibly as possible. She currently has four yarns (sport, DK, worsted, and bulky), each available in 37 solid colors.

But that’s not all. Very soon Pam will unveil a sock-weight yarn, named Tern after one of the small birds native to Pam’s Maine home. Tern is a round 3-ply yarn of 75% soft U.S. wool and 25% silk added for strength, luster, and luxury. It is ideal for my current obsession for twisted and traveling stitch patterns. Pam sent me a trial skein of the yarn and I just finished the toe-up socks shown here. The pattern and yarn will be available at www.quinceandco.com very soon!



4 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Those are beautiful socks. Looking forward to this sock yarn being available. I checked out the web site--it's really nice to have such a wide variety of colors to choose from.

Virginia G said...

I've read about it on other blogs. I adore the colors! Can't wait to get my hands on some of it.

Anonymous said...

Love the socks!!

Toby said...

I just received my first order of Chickadee in egret, petal and leek! Oh my what a lovely yarn!!! I am so pleased with the colors, the feel, the smell (I know - a little odd) and I can't wait to place another order for some Lark.