Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Well, here it is, another year gone by and I wonder how each year passes more quickly than the previous. I hope you all have many happy memories of 2010 and I hope that 2011 brings even more joy. As I look back, I am struck by the many ways that knitting enriched my life this year. In addition to starting this BLOG, I've spent the year editing and writing knitting books, going to retreats, teaching workshops, gathering new friends, and spending many peaceful hours with yarn and needles.

To cap this season of giving, I've donated a Knitting Basket to the Heifer Foundation. The "basket" consists of four fibery animals: a sheep, an alpaca, a llama, and an angora rabbit that will "provide families with ample wool and endless opportunities to build a better life." What could be better?


I wish all of you a happy new year and I thank you for enriching my life.

4 comments:

karen alho said...

What a wonderful thing to do! All the best to you in this new year.

Sarah said...

I love that idea!

Virginia G said...

Happy New Year!

And thank *you* for enriching my life with your lovely blog.

monica said...

What a great picture!