Thursday, May 26, 2011

This and That

The last couple of weeks have been busy ones at the Budd household, which is why you haven't heard from me in a while. Last weekend my oldest, Alex, graduated from high school and today is the last day of school for my twins (they are no longer Sophomores in high school).

But what has really had me busy is my NEXT BOOK (and Sock Knitting Master Class isn't even in the shops yet). I'm not at liberty at present to disclose information about the next book other than it will be published by Interweave next summer (that would be 2012). I've been knitting and writing like mad and will turn in the manuscript next week.

To take a break from all that designing and writing, I treated myself to the joy of following someone else's pattern. I knitted the oh-so-lovely Ishbel Shawl out of Madeline Tosh Pashmina (75% merino, 15% silk, 10% cashmere) for a dear friend's birthday. The pattern is both simple and beautiful. I have a few skeins of luxury yarn in my stash that I am certain are also destined for this pattern.

Here's the shawl on my blocking wires. Although it's not pretty, I like to block on a striped towel so that there are straight lines to follow.

4 comments:

LA Bourgeois said...

What a beautiful shawl - and how luxurious to follow someone else's pattern. Turning the brain off is so relaxing. :-)

theatreknitter said...

i LOVE that shawl. I want to knit myself another one because it is such a joy to knit. What a great idea about the striped towel.

JelliDonut said...

I have been searching for years for a beach towel with a large check pattern. I think it would be perfect for blocking. Love your Ishbel--what a nice gift!

Virginia G said...

I really need to knit an Ishbel. It's such a pretty pattern.

Love yours!