Monday, April 23, 2012

Stealth Argyles--getting started

The next pair of socks I'll tackle in Sock Knitting Master Class is Eunny Jang's Stealth Argyles (page 138).
Eunny used a method called shadow knitting to create an argyle pattern when viewed in one orientation and simple two-row stripes when viewed in others. It's really an amazing technique.
Eunny chose Malabrigo Sock in teal and burgundy for her version. After searching through my stash, I think I'll use Biggan Designs 4-Ply that the owner herself gave me at Knitting Lab 2011 in San Mateo (Biggan Designs was a sponsor of the event). Biggan (that's her name) gave me three shades of green to experiment with. I'm thinking the socks could be interesting with the bright lime for the toes, heels, and cuffs, and the other two for the shadow knitting portion.
 Of course, I'll need to swatch a sample to make sure it will work. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

GerryART said...

I've picked two contrasting colors and am ready to 'cake' this up so I can give this pattern a try.
I'm anxious to see how this design works.