Saturday, April 28, 2012

Stealth Argyles, Making Progress

I'm cruising along on Eunny Jang's Stealth Argyle socks. The argyle pattern is just beginning to show if I look down at the knitting at the right direction--there's only a hint of it in this photo. The colors are a little jarring, but I think I'm going to like the overall effect.


I'm enjoying the two-row stripes but I don't think I'll every memorize the sequence of knits and purls that occur every other row. I have to watch the chart faithfully. Mistakes are not as evident as with other texture patterns and it's possible that I might not notice one until the sock is completed. Good thing that the pattern repeat is only 16 stitches wide and is worked just twice across the instep; the sole is worked in plain old stockinette. I expect my progress will slow once I have to work four repeats around the leg.  

1 comment:

Clint The Cancer Warrior Family said...

I lOVED these socks!!! You showed us these I think....and if they're the ones I'm thinking I want to make these!!! What a fun technique...p.s you are the bomb!