Sunday, October 14, 2012

Montana Socks

I'm in Billings, Montana, teaching at Wild Purls for a few days. The shop is a visual delight in addition to providing lots of great yarn, including a great selection from local producers.
On Friday, I taught top-down sock basics in which everyone knit a miniature sock to learn the old Norwegian (also called the German or German twist) cast-on, a round heel, picking up gusset sts (and eliminating the hole at the top of the gusset), a wedge toe, and the dreaded Kitchener stitch (which everyone left understanding!).
All 20 students finished their sock, but I only managed to get a photo of a few of them. And I forgot my camera so I had to take the photo with my phone.


Yesterday I taught mitten basics and forgot to take a photo altogether. Today is socks from the toe-up. I hope to remember my camera and remember to take a photo of the completed socks.

2 comments:

baileyk said...

God Bless you Ann!!! I absolutely LOVED meeting you yesterday at the Purl and I learned SO much!!!! I am already halfway through my pair of toe-up socks. Thank you for all your bit of wisdom you filled me with, and I really hope you come back to Billings for a sweater class. My mom and I will be there with bells on.
-Bailey Dane

bobnlin said...

I had a great weekend Ann!! Loved taking your classes & I will be at any you come back to teach too!
Linda