Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!
Whenever I think of the many things I have to be thankful for, my life as a knitter is always at the top of the list.
Although I didn't realize it at the time, my parents set the stage by taking the family to live near Zurich, Switzerland, while my father (a university professor) was on sabbatical during the 1968-1969 school year. During that year, I attended a local school where boys and girls were separated one afternoon a week to learn gender-specific skills. That's where I learned how to knit. It's also where I learned to hate having my picture taken after my father snapped the photo below. Nobody is more surprised than me that such an awkward gangly girl was destined to become the luckiest person in the world.
In the spirit of giving thanks, I've made a donation of fiber animals to Heifer International in the hopes that others will discover the joys of knitting. Feel free to join me.
Think of how much better the world would be if everyone spent a little relaxing time knitting!

1 comment:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Isn't it funny how we end up down these paths :-).