Saturday, April 20, 2013

Another Top-Down Sweater

In the past weeks, I've taught several classes on knitting sweaters from the top down with a focus on circular yoke and raglan constructions from The Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters. I've taken a few garments from the book along for inspiration.
I guess it worked, because when I was teaching at Wild Purls in Billings, Montana, I found myself purchasing yarn to make a version of the Weekday Raglan (page 92) for myself. The sample sweater was knitted in a skimpy size 34", which is fine for models who are paid to pass on chocolate, but which makes me look like a badly stuffed sausage.
I chose Grignasco Champagne (75% extra fine merino, 25% mulberry silk; 165 meters/50 grams) in a soft periwinkle color (#375). I really shouldn't start swatching this until I finish the saddle-shoulder top-down cardigan, but I probably won't be able to resist.


4 comments:

Deborah's Blog said...

How can you resist such a wonderful coloured yarn Gorgeous :)

Unknown said...

I love the look and feel of merino and blues are my favorites. I think the sweater looks beautiful. I can almost feel the texture of the merino/silk blend. Your sample makes me want to order the yarn myself and start knitting up the same sweater. :-)

Anonymous said...

The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can
survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube
sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with
someone!

Feel free to visit my web page; dental implant costs

The Martini Knitter said...

Can this be a KAL with you???? Just sayin'