Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

We had the snowiest April on record -- four feet of the cold white stuff in fewer than four weeks. The temps finally became seasonal over the weekend and I thought that we were done with winter for good. Imagine my surprise when I looked out the window this morning.

That's another 6" of snow, and it keeps coming down! Thankfully, the forecast is for sunny skies and temps into the 40s and 50s for the rest of the week. Still, I don't suppose it's safe to put away my heavy sweaters just yet.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Oh no.. just when the end is so close! I hope the spring bulbs can handle it. Better days ahead.

I'm in Northern New England and can feel your pain (fortunately not your cold though). It's in the low 70s right now.

Minh said...

Whoa, that's incredible (well, to my mind at least). Bundle up in your knitwear!

58Teresa said...

Oh my goodness! Hope that's not headed our way - we've had summery breezes in upstate NY!

BTW - picked up my Spring is Sprung socks - love this pattern, it was so easy to figure out where I left off.

Sue said...

Gorgeous sweater!